Step 1: All applicants must:
- Complete the application package
- Pay the $120 non-refundable application fee
- Arrange to have a Basic Report of their transcript from the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) sent to the College
- Once the College has received the report directly from ICES, the applicant may be required to submit additional information regarding the content of the courses taken, including program and course outlines. The College will contact the applicant if additional information is needed.
- Undergo the following criminal record checks:
- Complete the ‘Consent to Criminal Record Check’ form (pages 6 & 7 of the application) and submit to the College. The College will conduct this check on the applicant’s behalf.
- If the applicant’s county of residence is Canada, they must obtain a Canadian criminal record check by visiting their local police detachment and mail the original copy of the check to the College.
- Criminal record checks are required from any country in which an applicant was a resident or worked in as an adult. If citizenship or permanent residency in Canada has been granted and the applicant has not resided outside of Canada since the date of issue, the College may accept proof of a Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Citizenship or Canadian work permit information in lieu of international criminal record check.
- Provide a copy of two pieces of identification (one must be government issued photo identification such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Provide an up to date resume
- Arrange for two character references to be sent directly to the College by the referees
*Please note: The College may contact applicants to request additional information if necessary.
Step 2: Once all of the required documents have been received, the College will review the application in its entirety. If it is determined that the application meets the registration requirements, the applicant will receive an email from the College notifying that they have been approved to take the ASWB’s exam. Please be advised that the ASWB charges a fee for writing the exam.
Step 3: After receiving the exam approval email from the College, the applicant can register for the exam through the ASWB. Please visit the ASWB’s website (www.aswb.org) and read the Candidate Handbook (PDF) under the Exam Candidates section.
Step 4: Once registration for the exam is complete, ASWB will send the applicant an Authorization to Test. When the applicant receives this authorization, they can schedule an appointment for the exam through Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com/aswb).
Step 5: Within 1-2 weeks after the exam has been taken, the College will receive an official score report from the ASWB. If the applicant has passed the exam, the College will send him/her an application approval email with an invoice for a registration fee. Payment of the registration fee will complete the registration process.